Have questions about the New Ohio Adoption Records Law? Unsure what forms to use or when to submit them? Need help finding support for adoption issues- including search and reunion?
Join Ohio Birthparent Group for a free info session on Ohio’s New Adoption Records Law!
Public Info Session on Ohio’s New Adoption Records Law
presented by Ohio Birthparent Group
Saturday, May 31st
Columbus Metropolitan MAIN LIBRARY
96 S. Grant Ave. Columbus, OH 43215
3rd Floor Board Room
Seating is Limited, RSVP Required.
RSVP or place yourself on the waitlist for this event HERE.
Facilitated by members of Ohio Birthparent Group, this free public info session is the first in a series of special events on the new adoption records law for birthparents, adoptees, family members and adoption professionals.
In this session, we will:
- Review the changes in Ohio adoption records law that resulted from the recent passage of Senate Bill 23 in December of 2013
- Demystify the new birthparent contact preference and redaction forms
- Outline the steps that birthparents and adult adoptees can take under new and pre-existing Ohio records law
- Share information about support groups and resources for birthparents, adoptees and their families.
- Get the resources you need and connect with birthparents and adoptees who understand the life-long experience of adoption!
Follow-Up Support is Available:
All of our support group meetings in June will focus on the topic of Search & Reunion! Check the Event Calendar for Meeting Dates!